The Geraardsbergen Manuscript can be linked to many people, all for different reasons. Do these people help us to find the origins of the manuscript, or do they distract us from the real clues? Future research will tell, hopefully.
- Pieteren den Brant: author of one of the texts in the manuscript
- Jan van Hulst: author of one of the texts in the manuscript
- Perceval vanden Nocquerstoque: recipient of a text
- Guillebert de Mets: owner of an inn mentioned in the manuscript
- Sjodocus de Croÿ: owner
- Jan Baptista Coninckx: owner
- Alyonora: daughter of an owner, or of the scribe?
- John Gerson: Parisian theologian, some of the texts in the manuscript have been attributed to him